This Policy governs the information we collect about you and your use of information we provide to you. By accepting this Policy and the WowCheckThis Terms of Service
Agreement, you expressly consent to our use and disclosure of your personal information in a manner prescribed in this Policy. You acknowledge this by using the Site.
“Children” or persons who are under the age of 18 years are not eligible to use our services. If you are under the age of 18 years, you can browse the Site only in conjunction with and under the supervision of your parents or guardians. If you are under 18 years of age, you are not allowed to be a user of WowCheckThis community.
Parents are totally responsible to monitor their children’s use of WowCheckThis.
Our main purpose in collecting your information is to provide you with a safer promotion experience and encourage commerce among the users using the Site as a venue. We only collect personal information about you that we consider necessary for this purpose and to achieve this goal.
You are under no obligation to provide us with this information and can access many aspects of the Site without providing us any personal information.
When you visit this website, we can record certain information in relation to your visit such as:
- Your IP or proxy server IP;
- Basic domain information;
- Your Internet service provider is sometimes captured depending on the configuration of your ISP connection;
- The date and time of your visit to the website;
- The length of your session;
- The pages which you have accessed;
- The number of times you access our site within any month;
- Your address, city, state, zip-code, country
- The website which referred you to our website
- The operating system which your computer uses and
- The screen resolution of your computer system.
This use of information is only used for statistical and website development purposes.
If you use our Site’s feedback and support forms, you are asked to provide your fullname, email address, email subject and message. WowCheckThis will not otherwise collect information from you through this Site unless you knowingly provide it to us.
By voluntarily providing information to us when using the Site, you are consenting to the collection and use of your personal information by us.
The Site uses session cookies, which are used only during a browsing session, and expire when you quit your browser. Upon closing your browser, the session cookie set by this Site is destroyed and no personal information is maintained which might identify you should you visit our Site at a later date.
We collect information from users who use our Site. This information may be used:
- to keep record of your shortened links.
- to send news, information about our activities and general promotional material which we believe may be useful to you or us;
- to monitor who is accessing the account section of the Site or using services offered on the Site; and
- to profile the type of people accessing the Site.
Each time you view the protected section of the site, we collect information about your behavior.
WowCheckThis will only use the information it collects through the Site for the following purposes:
- Forwarding important information relating to WowCheckThis activities and other requested information;
- Contacting you in response to your feedback or query to discuss our services;
- Monitoring Site performance;
- Improving our Site and services to you;
- Internal administration; and
- Other purposes that are in accordance with your instructions.
WowCheckThis will not give, sell, trade or otherwise disclose any personal information about you to a third party unless:
- You have provided us with your consent; or
- We are required to do so by law.
No personally identifiable information is collected by these cookies. The anonymous data they collect is kept separate from the personal information in your user account.
Other cookies are used to enhance your use of the Site, such as remembering that you are logged in. You are able to minimize or block cookies using the privacy settings in your internet browser, but this may restrict your use of the Site. For general information on cookies, see http://www.allaboutcookies.org/
You may request access to your personal information and can ask us to correct your personal information.
This Site has security measures in place to protect the loss or misuse of, or alteration or unauthorized access to, information under our control.
We may change this Policy at any time. Such changes will be effective when a notice of the change is made available on the Site. We will provide you with thirty (30) days’ notice to allow you the opportunity to notify WowCheckThis if you do not agree to such changes.
If you don't feel confortable using our service anymore, please contact us via our contact and support
To protect you from unwanted email communications, WowCheckThis adopts an un-subscription facility for marketing communication. If you decide you no longer would like to receive marketing communications from us, please advise us by contacting support
If you request us not to use personal information in a particular manner or at all, we will adopt all reasonable measures to observe your request but we may still use or disclose that information if:
- we subsequently notify you of the intended use or disclosure and you do not object to that use or disclosure;
- we believe that the use or disclosure is reasonably necessary to assist a law enforcement agency or an agency responsible for governmental or public security in the performance of their functions; or
- we are required by law to disclose the information.
Our servers and information processing equipment are located in a number of countries around the world, thus the information collected from you will be stored in these countries. By voluntarily providing information to us when using the Site, you are consenting to the collection and use of your personal information by us, including the transfer to another jurisdiction other than United Kingdom.